Memoir's Of A Struggling Black Woman

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I can't belive this s%*t

I am completely sick of this s%*t. I work three jobs and I still got an eviction notice. My truck still got repossesed. What the f%*k is going on. Is it me. Is it Mississippi, I don't know. I work three jobs to live in an apartment that is to much in the first place. I am a black woman in Mississippi. Where do I stand a chance. You don't stand a chance in Mississippi. It is still the way it was 40 years ago. White people still run s%*t. They still take all the money they can and then they steal the rest. I don't know what we as people are going to do. We need to first and foremost educate ourselves and leave Mississippi. I was talking to a black woman today, and she was so upset with here job. She has an education and have been at her job 10 years. So why did she have to train her supervisor. Why wasn't she offered the d%*n job. Why when she spoke up about it at work she was seen as a crazy black woman with an attitude, That's what they call us. Well somebody need to get it out in the air and that is what I am here for. Why did the Seal Press turn down this aspiring author's book proposal. Other publisher's said it was great. You know why, Seal press didn't want the memoir of a struggling black woman. They want something about a fat white woman trying to lose weight, where is the interest in that. I want to here what a black woman has to say sometime. Another thing what the hell is going on with the TANF program. For those of you who don't now what that is Temporary Assistance For Needy Families. I heard from a struggling young lady the other day that she was told by human services that she had to volunteer 40 hours a week to be eliglble for tanf. I said what the F%*k is going on. This young lady needs help with her kid, yes, one kid and she can't get it. I helped her find a job immediatly. That's what I am here for to help my fellow sister's in the struggle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home